Question

Vitamins during Pregnancy

I'm between 7 and 10 weeks pregnant. I would like to know which vitamins I should be taking in my pregnancy, if they differ from trimester to trimester or if I must take it throughout the whole pregnancy or at certain times in the pregnancy. I am taking Folic plus. I take one every morning or should I be taking more than one.

Your advice is much appreciated.
Thanks Doc

Folate is the only vitamin that is important to take in pregnancy. The standard dose is 5mg /day. If you are anaemic, iron tablets will also be prescribed. Otherwise, a normal, balanced diet should suffice. If you want to take other vitamins, a Multivitamin would be the type to take. This would be the same throughout pregnancy.