Question

VM 2000 before or after a meal?
I'm taking a multi vitamin called Salgar "VM 2000". Why is preferable to take this tablet after a meal as apposed to before and is there anything wrong if I do take it before I eat something in the morning? I also dont know when to take the Calcium Sandoz?

Dear Salgar
It may help to take vitamins and minerals on an empty stomach (before or in between meals) to ensure that food components like chemicals called phytates don't interfere with the absorption. In other cases, it is better to take the tablet after a meal because the digestive juices are flowing. I would personally take the vitamins and the calcium after a meal as they are easier to digest and less likely to cause indigestion.