Question

Wacky circulation

I have circulation problems which becomes apparent when I exercise. My left hand goes completely cold while the right hand heats up noticeably. My right foot also starts losing feeling (gets tingly) about half-way into the class. I do 45 min. spinning classes 3, sometimes 4, times per week.

Is there anything I can do to avoid / correct this? Secondly, could there be a bigger problem which could be worsened by the exercising?

Tnx!

Hi there

These symptoms could indicate that you have Reynard's syndrome (sp), which is something often inherited. I would recommend you visit your doctor and have it checked it. It is basically linked to an overactive sympathetic nervous system response, but it is interesting that it is only in one side of your body. There are various tests that should be done though, including your cholesterol, but please seek medical advice.

Good luck.