Question

WAKING UP AT NIGHT AND HAS BEEN HITTING HIMSELF
I am very concerned about my father, he is 59 years old - non-smoker, fairly healthy and still works. He is waking up at night and has discovered that he has tried to strangle himself, broken things, found himself on the floor and hitting his pillow - this all happens while he is sleeping - he shares a house with someone and she has taken to locking herself in her bedroom at night as she is petrified that he will harm her. Please could you tell me what causes this, someone commented that it could be the start of Parkinsons? Is this true? Please help - I know that my father is too scared to go and see the doctor as is he scared of the outcome.

Heather, I doubt that it’s the sign of Parkinson's, but I’m not sure what it is. The best would be for him to see a neurologist as just now it’s too late. I don’t think that your dad has to worry about getting bad news, I’m more worried that he might get hurt if he doesn’t go to see the doctor. Good luck.