Question

walked into the glass door

Silly me - on Friday the 13th I walked into a glass door. I really hurt my nose. It was bleeding a bit. I put ice for the swelling. I had taken myprodol. The bleeding stop the same day and it is not swellen but it is still sore. I use glasses and it pressures the bridge part. It is sore when i touch my nose and it is giving me headaches.

Please advice.

Dear Nose
I hope you did not fracture your nose! This must have been very painful, but you did all the right things! It will stay sore for 7 to 10 days- keep on taking anti-inflammatory like Voltaren or Neurofen if you are not allergic to it (after meals). If the top 1/3 (hard part) of the nose seems skew or makes a grinding noise when you touch it you need a x/ray of the nose - the bottom 2/3 is cartilage and will not fracture. You may need to take pain tablets for the headache and take off your glasses if possible in between to give the nose a rest.