Question

WALKING ZOMBI
Hi Doc, First i do have a thyroid problem i have been on 0.1 for 4 years and just 3 months ago i went on a extra 0.5. I just started a new job which is a extra 1hr longer then my previous job and i now have to drive myself too. My problem is i am extremely tired, i did buy vitamins last week but they feel like they not working , maybe im being to hasty but i arrive at work (aircon office) and all i do is yawn , people can see im tired because of my eyes , i leave home at 6:45 and return at 5.40 i know its along day but i have never felt like this before , im even to lazy to go to gym - tell you the truth if i had the chance i would sleep forever, i go to bed no later then 20:30 every night if i go to bed later i feel worse then i am now, my side effects are - yawning continously, no energy, - basically i feel like a sleeping Zombi and i need help, i dont want to go to my Dr as he just gives me a energy booster which last for a day or two , can i not get a energy supplement at the chemist.

Bushed, I think the best would be to first try and find out what the cause of the tiredness is before you try to treat it. It might be that you’re taking too much Eltroxin® and that all you need to do is to decrease the dosage. Of course it’s also possible that you’re taking too little. Another possibility is anaemia and also any systemic disorder like diabetes. If you don’t want to go to your GP, the best would be to see a specialist physician. Good luck.