Ask an expert

13 Mar 2007

want a baby not sure what to do next
I have been trying for a baby for the past three years. I have been to three gynaes with no results. i have been on clomits. i have taken Gonal F injections and Pregnal injections. I have also done IUI. I have now been referred to Dr. J N hansen from St Augustnes Hospital (If anyone has been to him I would appreciate feedback about him). I am not sure if I can take any more disappointment.
Answer 350 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Hope C

The reason for your fertilty problem needs to be clearly identified. The problem needs to be treated on it's merits. I presume a laparoscopic pelvic examination has been done and that no tubal factors or endometriosis or other factors have been diagnosed. Simple ultrasound scanning and blood tests by themselves are not sufficient and sufficient indication to use gonal-f injections and to perform IUI.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.