Question

Want to know about abortion
I had an abortion in Octorber last year. I've always wanted to fall pregnant and finaly did but I got German Measles at 8 weeks so I was forced to have an abortion. Now I think I have an obsesion with falling pregnant. I always want to do a pregnancy test even though I know I'm not pregnant but still want to hoping I will be. My problem is I am on the injection so I know I wont be pregnant. The doctor who gave me the abortion told me not to fall pregnant for atleast 6 months that's why I'm on the injection but I'm scared if I do go of it and do fall pregnant the baby wont be able to replace the one I lost. I know it mustn't replace the one I lost for the doctor told me so but I also dont want to push it aside because of the one I had to give up. Will I be able to get over this and how long will it take? Should I wait a little while longer before falling pregnant again?

Thank You.

Sasha, sounds like you're getting a bit muddled up, here. If you actually do want to be pregnant, follow your doctor's advice about waiting a while, so that your body will be ready and more likely to both conceive and to carry a pregnancy through to full term. There's no advantage in rushing to an earlier pregnancy with a lower chance of ultimate success. Taking pregnancy tests while using contraceptives to prevent pregnancy is, as you realize, illogical and unhelpful.
it sounds as if you are still psychologically very unhappy about the loss of the previous pregnancy, and you really need to see a counsellor to talk through this, as coming to terms with the fact of the previous abortion on health grounds, accepting it as a sad event but not one that ought to greatly burden you in the present and future, and generally improving your sate of mind, will not only, obviously, be much happier for you and your partner, but will probably increase your fertility, and will help you to be ready to be a far more competent mother.