Question

Want to loose weight - but, Impatient
I am 24 Years Old, 97 Kgs and my height is 1.68m I put on a lot of weight with my first child
4 years ago and still have not dropped any of it. For the last 2 weeks I have been eating
fruit in the mornings, brown bread sandwich at lunch and dinner is cooked with no oils / fats.
I have started excercising 3 times a week for 45 minutes. On week-ends I sort of let go and
while still watching what I eat, I don't limit myself. The first week I lost 1.5 Kgs but
the second week I put on 3 kgs. How long should I stick to this healthy eating programme
before I start to see a difference ? Surely with me being so overweight, loosing in the beginning
stages shouldn't be so difficult ??
I don't have time for a "support" group, but need to be kept motivated. Any suggestions ??

Dear Impatient
To lose weight you need to reduce your fat intake, but still eat a balanced diet. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet. Compare this diet with what you are eating and make the necessary adjustments. Stick to your diet even over the weekends if you want to see results. You will lose between 0,5 and 1 kg per week, slow and steady is the answer, so don't be impatient - you did not gain all this weight in a few short weeks, so it is unrealistic to expect to lose it so fast. Doing regular exercise like that is one of the best ways of stimulating your metabolism and keeping motivated. Research has shown that people who exercise when they are dieting, achieve greater weight loss and stick to their diet more accurately.