Question

Warfarin & disprin
I have had a heart valve replacement and have been on warfarin since. I have also been advised to take one disprin per day in adition to the warfarin. How do the two interact? Why is it not safe to take Ginko Biloba with warfarin?

Hearty, they will both prevent blood clots, but warfarin is the more powerful of the two. Warfarin affects coagulation factors II, VII, IX & X by antagonising vitamin K whereas disprin affects platelet “clumping”.
Ginko, may decrease the rate at which warfarin is metabolised by the body and this may cause bleeding. Good luck.