Question

Was my boerboel poisoned
Last week when i got up i found my dog limping and walking, his front paw looked sore so i rubbed is and bandaged it, i noticed that he was drooling alot but that was common with boerboels, i also noticed that he had eaten a pigeon that night. The stop eating and his back leg started to limp and soon he was mobile and not eating just drinking lots of water. he lost alot of weight and i took him to the local SPCA and they examined him but didnt listen to my explanation and told me that they cant find a problem and he is so weak to treat n i should do the right thing and put him down, his temperature was 39,9 and had a high heart rate. Please help me understand what had happened to my dog cause i feel they never give me any answers to justify putting my dog down.

Hi Shaveen

Sorry to hear of your loss. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on what happened at the SPCA as I have no knowledge of your case. The SPCA is a fantastic welfare organisation and I am sorry that they could not identify and treat the problem.

Again I am sorry for the loss of your beloved pet.

Dr Campbell