Question

Water in lungs
My mom is ill in hospital and doctors say she has a lot of water in her lungs. They busy draing her lungs. What causes this type of illness?

Tumi. The most common cause is heart failure, but there is a host of other diseases that can cause it too. What basically happens it that the heart can’t pump blood fast enough away from the lungs and then the fluid component of the blood starts “seeping” into the lungs. The best would be to ask her doctor what the underlying disease is and then to ask me if there is something that you don’t understand. Good luck.