Question

"WATER ON THE KNEE"
After undergoing x-rays I have been advised that I have "water on both knees". My knees have always appeared swollen and the area around the patella is incredibly sore. As a result, I am
unable to excercise probably, and have therefore gained 5kgs in the past year. What treatment is
available for this disorder, preferably a tablet form and what recommendations can you make that could minimise the pain/inconvenience of the stiffness and soreness of the knees themselves?

Jenny, the best would be to see an orthopaedic surgeon so that he can remove the “water” and send it for tests to find out what the cause is. In the meantime you can try taking an anti-inflammatory drug like Arthrotec®, Brufen®, Celebrex®, etc. and see if it helps. Good luck.