Question

water retention
Hi there.
I have a problem and hope that you can give me advice. Most days ,now more with the heat my feet and ankles are so swollen that I can't bend my feet at night.The doctor sent me for bloodtests, there is nothing wrong. He said that there is nothing exept waterpills that I have to drink and he could perscribe a certain pantyhose to help. What causes water retention and is there something else I could do instead of drinking pills.

Lee-ann, water retention can be caused by a host of things including heart, kidney, liver, vascular and nutritional problems. The best would be to take all your test results and get a second opinion from a specialist physician. Good luck.