Question

watter oefening
Ek het gehoor dis beter om ''n kort en kragtige(20-30min) oefen program te volg as bv. ''n 45min-60min program . Dit help glo om jou metabolisme langer te laat werk en het meer voordele as ''n langer oefen sessie. Is dit waar? en hoe werk dit ?

Hi km

No, not necessarily. There are upsides and downsides to both approaches. The shorter it is, the easier it is, generally, to squeeze into a busy day, and so purely from a practical point of view, it can be better. However, I would be lying if I said it was better for you physically. Here, longer does help more, but again, there are limits - you can't just exercise for 60 minutes, every day, and expect to recover from one day to the next.

So there is this balance that is needed, where you may have some longer days, of 60 minutes at lower intensity, and on other days, shorter sessions that are short and powerful. You can also build intervals into longer sessions, so that instead of doing 60 minutes nonstop at one pace, you go 2 minutes hard, 4 minutes easy, repeated 10 times. It's still 60 minutes, but you get the best of both that way.

So I think a combination is the way to go. Any exercise is valuable though, so if you only have 30 minutes, then of course, that's very good to do.

Ross