Question

WEAK ANKLE
DEAR DOC:

HI, I’M 26 AND I STILL CARRY A WEAK ANKLE FROM SPORTS INJURY.
I TWISTED MY ANKLE SINCE I WAS YOUNG AND BEFORE IT WAS PROPERLY HEALED.I CARRY ON PLAYING THE SOCCER TOURNAMENT.
SO TILL NOW, I STILL GOT A WEAK ANKLE. ( I STILL PLAY A SOCIAL LEAGUE NOW EVERY SUNDAY).

I’VE WHEN TO A PHYSIOTHARAPIST A FEW YEARS AGO. BUT IT DID NOT GET ANY BETTER.
CAN YOU RECOMMENT ANY MEDICINE OR A PHYSIOTHARAPIST WHERE I CAN GO?
I STAY IN JOHANNESBURG NEAR THE EDENVALE AREA.

THANKS & REGARDS

HI Jay

I would recommend you see a biokineticist who can give you a range of exercises to strengthen your ankle. However, if it is really painful, perhaps you will need a few physio sessions first.

With regard to suitable people in your area, I'm afraid I can't help. Perhaps try and speak to a sports medicine doctor who will be able to give you some names.

Good luck - I hope this helps!