Question

Weaning myself from Aropax
Hi, I've tried to stop taking Aropax as I feel I don't need it any more, but it had vast side effects. how can I wean myself from Aropax or do I have to take a replacement first?

Dear Isis,
Normally, people don't experience major problems in withdrawing from drugs like Aropax ; and a return of symptoms may mean that the underlying isorder for which one was taking the drug, is still active. You don't mention why you are taking it, or for how long. It would be worth discussing this with the doctor or srink wo prescribed it in the first place. While with major sedative drugs, one might need to get of tem via a temporary replacement drug, this does not apply generally to antidepressants.