Question

Weigh-Less eating plan
Dear doc,

I have just joined Weigh-Less and I am eating according to their plan, but the problem is it feels like I'm eating a lot. I've been on numerous diets and what I'm supposed to eat now seems really a lot. Given it is healthy and low in fat, but I am afraid that this will cause me to not loose weight. I think what I'm asking is how can you loose weight when eating such a large amount of food (Zone 1 on weighless)?

Kind regards

Dear ST
One of the great fallacies of slimming is to think that you need to starve your body to achieve weight loss. When your body perceives a state of starvation, it switches off all the systems that help you lose weight, whereas if you eat a diet that is moderately energ-reduced and contains plenty of foods that supply bulk (unprocessed grains and fruit and vegetables), your body will not switch off and you will lose weight. If you watch the 'Dik 'n Dun' TV programme you will see that the one lady who keeps on starving herself to lose weight, is not losing as much weight as she would like to lose, while the lady who is on Weighless is losing slowly and steadily. This is the ideal way to lose weight if you want to keep off the weight you have lost.
Keep up the good work.