Question

Weighless & gym
I have a problem i.e insulin resistance. I was seeing a dietician up until the end of November, but I felt I was not mentally in tune as I just could not stick to the diet given. I was going through a bad emotional time. This year I decided I was going to join weighless, and when I told the dietician this she was a bit cross with me and told me that weighless was alright for normal people but not for people with my condition. Anyway, I started weighless this week and there are quite a few choices with regard to carbohydrates. Do you think I should keep off the breads and stuff and still carry on with the balance of the diet because when I look at the dieticians programme and weighless less programme their is not a whole lot of difference. It is my choice about the breads but when I leave this out - I still feel hungry. All the fruit etc. does not help to fill this gap and then I find myself eating in the middle of the night as I am starving. What do you suggest I do??

Dear Bets
I can't make out what you mean when you refer to breads - did the dietitian tell you not to eat bread, or only wholewheat bread, or what! I think you should take these questions to the organisations and people in question. Weighless will give you the correct advice in relation to how you should use their diet for your condition, but to obtain this info you should ASK THEM. They will be pleased to help, as I am sure your dietitian will also be. I advise you to ask your dietitian and Weighless all these questions and you will get the answers you are looking for.