Question

weight gain

I need your help. I left SA 8 months ago, i am now in London. I' m in my late twenties..I have been a perfect size 34, tall went to gym regularly, disciplined with what i eat all my life. But after the relocation, i find myself 10 kg heavier.I am fat and unhappy. I do not have discipline, i eat sweets crisps and biscuits ...Now i feel depressed. I have tried to follow a healthy diet but struggle as the food here is different. I end up pigging out on choccolates..

How do i get back to an eating plan. I had a support structure in SA, i use to visit a dietitian etc..Here, it is not so easy to gain access to such experts..Please help, as i have started having suicidal thoughts..

Dear Lala
From what you say, I think that your overeating and loss of control are due to depression. You may be missing your family, friends, SA, your support structure and all the beloved familiar things you were used to. You mention that you are depressed, that you are gorging on chocolates and feeling suicidal. My advice would be to try and see a clinical psychologist. I don't know how one arranges this in the UK, but you could start by seeing a private gp and asking him/her to refer you the psychologist. You need support to get your life sorted out again and you may need antidepressants, so start taking some proactive steps to get back into your healthy eating habits and exercise.
Holding thumbs for you