Question

weight gain and menstrual periods
i am on a diet at this moment. it seems i lose weight throughout the month, until i have my periods, then i either gain weight or stay the same. i weight myself once a week. i would like to know if its possible to that my periods might affect my weight, if i gain weight during my periods, is it just water retention or real weight gain. And when my periods are over, the weight i have gained, will it come off quickly because its just water after all.

Dear Tyla
You are quite correct, the weight gain you experience during menstruation is water retention. You should lose all the weight once your period is over. Drink additional liquid and do some exercise to help your body get rid of the excess water.