Question

Weight lifting and fertility
Is it true that regular exercising and lifting the weights have a negative effect on the mans fertility, i.e. sperm count, motility and morphology. We have been trying to conceive for almost two years without success and we are starting to believe myths that gym can have effect because my husband is a gym fanatic and I don;t think the problem lies with me because I had 1 kid from my previous marriage.
fertility expert

Dear Gymmick wife

Weight lifting perse will not necessarily alter fertility, and exercise in moderation, likewise. However, should other supplements containing steroids be used, then this would certainly impact on fertility and result in abnormal sperm counts, morphologies etcetera.
I would suggest that a sperm analysis be done as a baseline to determine the current status of the sperm.