Question

Weight loss

I have started gym recently in light of a significant weight gain over the last few months. I think the weight gain has mainly been due to a lack of excercise and too much eating out and beer drinking.

I am cutting beer out of my diet completely now. I am doing cardio and a little weight training. Should I take fat burning tabs to speed up the weight loss process? Or what can I do to lose weight efficiently and effectively? I also need to strengthen my neck muscles, what excercises can I do?

Please advise.

HI Sideways

No, I wouldn't worry about the fat burning tablets. first of all, there's little evidence that they actually work, so you might just be wasting money. Second, there's no data to suggest they are safe - no one really knows what the side effects are, they could cause problems that we don't know about yet, because they are never tested for that reason. And finally, considering you have just started exercise and have a diet change to boot, you are on the right track, there's likely no need for these tablets anyway. Rather stick with the tried and tested, exercise and diet, because it will produce the most gradual and most sustainable weight loss.