Question

weight loss
hi i had my baby 8 weeks ago and am struggling to loose weight .
my question is is it safe to try and loose weight while i am breastfeeding .

Dear Mommy
Congratulations on the birth of your baby! How soon women return to their normal weight is a totally individual reaction - some women weigh less after birth than before they fell pregnant, while others may have gained many kgs that take a longer period to lose. You don't mention your present weight or height so that I can work out your BMI to see how much weight you may need to lose. If you only need to lose a few kg, then you can use a balanced, low-fat diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), but add another 2 cups of fat-free milk or yoghurt to the suggested daily intake to provide you and baby with enough calcium (1200 mg/day). Don't use any fad or very-low-energy diets or any diet pills and potions while you are breastfeeding. Taking baby for a daily walk for 30 or more minutes will also promote weight loss.
Enjoy the baby