Question

Weight loss and loose skin
I plan to lose around 15 kgs before the end of the year. The last time I did this I ended up with loose skin around the belly area. I was told recently that exercise and drinkink lots of water can help address this. Do you know of anything I can do or supplements that may help out to improve this.

Dear Robert
Loose skin due to losing large amounts of weight can be a problem as you say. Exercise, esp for the problem areas like the abdomen (situps for example) can help a lot. Make sure that you don't overdo your water intake because excessive liquids intakes can lead to electrolyte (potassium, sodium, magnesium, and even calcium) imbalances that can be severe. Adults require 2,5 litres of liquid a day which includes everything you drink (water, coffee, tea, soda water, fruit juice, milk, etc). I am not aware of any supplement that can help to tighten your loose skin. If you lose weight gradually while doing tummy tightening exercises every day, this should help a lot.