Question

WEIGHT LOSS EVERY WEEK
Dear Doc,
don't know if you will be able to answer this one. Why is it that they all say if are on a diet and lose weight the weightloss for that week actually only shows two weeks later, and if you have cheated for the week - it shows two weeks later. I don't understand this. I am with Weigh less and it seems true. Some weeks where I know I was "naughty" I lose more then I thought I would, and the next week when I was "good" I don't lose as much as I thought I would. I have lost 6.2 kg's for the month - and am very happy for eating healthy and losing weight after my pregnancy.

Dear Confused
The human body is a very complex system, so it is difficult to predict exactly when you will lose or gain weight and how long this takes before it occurs. Weight loss is a gradual process which involves many different physiological processes so it is better to only weigh yourself once a week (this is to prevent you getting despondent when you 'gain' a kg overnight due to factors such as water retention, etc) and to approach weight loss over time. Well done that you have lost those 6.2 kg in such a sensible way.
Keep up the good work