Question

Weight Loss for 9 year old
How can I my son who just turned 9 to loose some weight. He weighs 40 kg and I am battling to get him to eat less.

Dear Elizabeth
International researchers have recommended that exercise, rather than dietary restrictions, is the method of choice in young children who are still growing. It is, therefore, very important to get your son to be more active - encourage him to participate in sport, set a good example by going for walks, runs and cycling with him, and/or let him join a good gym. On the diet side just make sure that he eats less fatty food and does not drink litres and litres of cold drinks or fruit juice. Although fruit juice is a healthier alternative to cold drinks, it also has a high energy content. If you click on 'Diet' and then on 'Weight loss' or 'View old diet & food site' you will find many articles on the subject of high-and low-fat foods, high-fibre foods, weight loss. etc.