Question

weightloss after stopping breastfeeding
Dear Doc

After stopping breastfeeding my first child at 11 months I lost weight quickly and easily, but now after stopping at the same stage with my second child I am really struggling to lose the last 5/6 kilograms. I've noticed that seven months after weaning I still have some milk in my breasts. Could my body be hanging on to fat reserves because the milk-producing system is still in place? I am eating and exercising reasonably, but I feel like my whole metabolism is very sluggish at the moment. Any suggestions?

Mandy

Dear Mandy
Have you had another checkup with your gynae? Your hormones could be disturbed and you may need some treatment. Or are you taking any medication like Eglonyl, which could stimulate milk production and may cause resistance to weight loss? Have that checkup and if you are taking any medication ask the dr about its side-effects. To lose that weight, cut down on fat intake and do plenty of exercise.