Question

weird mental and physical symptoms after arguement
hi. 2 weeks ago my wife (26 yrs old), and I had a heavy arguement in the evening. next morning I found her sitting on the couch sobbing. after trying to comfort her I saw that she couldn' t speak properly. Her words would be totally muddled up. she also couldn' t read or write properly, forgetting how to spell basic words. added to this she couldn' t use her right arm. took her to hospital and they ruled out stroke. what could it b? and next step?

Sounds rather like what in the old days they might have called "hysteria", a diagnosis which quietly disappeared in recent decades. Best take her to see a good local psychiatrist or psychologist for a thorough assesment, followed by a discussion of treatment options. THis sort of alarming set of physical symptoms after an emoptional upset tends to occur in people who feel emotionally overwhelmed by a situation and can't effectively at the time express their feelings or wishes, so they, as it were, translate these into physical symptoms. Her symptoms, for instances, may have said : I don't know what to say --- I can't speak. ( and if right-handed, she was prevented from even communicating by writing ).