Question

What am I loosing
My weight was 115, body fat was 45. I've been exercising for 2 months and now my weight is 112, my question is what am I loosing as my body fat is still 45?

Hi Reggy

My question would be how was the body fat percentage measured, because that's where the answer to your question lies. If the body fat is known to be exactly accurate, then your question is completely differently answered. However, my suspicion, and I know this is a big assumption, is that the body fat measurement is not correct. Either your current body fat is lower than 45, or the initial one was higher, but somehow, something has not gone right there. You have to remember that there is no perfect and easily accessible way to measure body fat percentage. The best way to do it is using DEXA, an x-ray technique that is very accurate, and very expensive. However, what the public uses is much cheaper, but unfortunately a little less accurate, and so you have to take these readings with caution. i woudl have your body fat checked again, then again in a month or so and just make sure that you are measuring it very well, if you have any questions, let me know.