Question

What causes warts... are they contageous?
Hi, I would like to know what causes warts? I never had warts and one day i had one on my one finger. A few months later a had about 10 in total on both hands. I've had them burnt off. Now I have a new one again. What causes warts to appear? Another question is: Are they contageous? So if I touch someone, will they also get warts? My boyfriend recons he has one on his leg (knee) and he thinks I "gave" it to him... is this possible? He never had any warts before...

Dear anon,
Warts are caused by the human pappilloma virus and if they are broken and bleeding can transfer the virus to other people. However, at a certain stage in one's life - usually teenager- young adult - one is more susceptible to the virus and may pick it up easy, just to see it disappear as your immunity takes over. Just freeze/burn it off while it is still small.