Question

What could
tell me, what could cause a person to gain about 4 kg of weight in a week without having change diet / eating habits?

Dear Gem
It should be kept in mind that body weight can vary by up to 3 kg during the course of a single day! Gaining 4 kg in weight in a week despite not changing one's eating habits can be due to many different factors. Water retention is probably the most common reason. Water retention can be caused by hormonal changes in women, stress which produces hormones that promote water retention, excess sodium intake or a lack of potassium, excess liquid intake which causes electrolyte imbalances and intakes of medications, including over-the-counter meds or herbal products. If this weight gain continues, then it would be advisable to have a medical checkup so that the dr can determine which factor is causing the weight gain and can advise what you need to do to reverse this trend.
I hope you can pinpoint the cause