Question

What could be wrong with me - Please help?
I'm convince there is something wrong with me I just don't know what.

Around June last year (2002) I started having a pain around the bladder area - on the left. This almost coincide with the time I went off the pill after being on it for about 6 years. I went to see a GP who checked my heart beat, breathe in breathe out routine and asked what I had been taking for the pain. I said panado so she said she'd prescribe something stronger. I was not satisfied with this as I had no clue what was causing the pain. I then went to see a gynae, he said he saw something swollen or some growth - the wasn't sure. He prescribed Provera. After I had finished Provera the pain went away for a while - only to come back a week or saw later. Now with more body pain, one moment my buttocks (just where the leg joins the body) would ache like you won't believe, the next moment it would be one or the other ankle, the next moment it would be my hand, arm ,knee anywhere! The lower abdominal pain was the strongest though. I decided to see a different gynae, she said she saw nothing but prescribed anti-inflammatory pills. These worked and the pain was gone for about a week. When it came back it was worse then before I went back to the gynae - she saw a cysts . She put me back on the pill for one month and precriscribed more anti-inflammatory pills. 6 weeks later the cysts was smaller and the pain was much better. One more month later the pain was completely gone for a short while again now it's back. it feels like it's not the same pain I felt when I started the treatment for the cysts. This one is more like the one I had when this whole thing started. It's a sharp pain that comes now and again.

Through out this process I've also been having breasts pain, one time the breast pain was so bad I went for scanning, I think they did sonar. They didn't find any lumps. I've been taking primrose oil for breast pain.

So, at the moment I have the lower abdominal pain (on the left), bit of breast pain, and ever-moving body pain.What concerns me more is the pain on the left breast - I think it's deeper than the breast, I'm concerned that it could my heart. Does the doc have any idea what could be wrong or what kind of a doctor should I do next? I recently went for a wellness test at work. my blood pressure & sugar level were fine. What they said I had to work on was my fitness level/BMI index. Could this be the problem? Besides this issue I have been and otherwise healthy person. I'm 27 , I've never had children.

SM, it sounds like you might be suffering from fibromyalgia syndrome. The best would be to see a specialist physician and let him take a look. It might be nothing, but I think you should have it seen to as it sounds like it’s having a very negative effect on your life. Good luck.