Ask an expert

02 Dec 2005

What do I do?
Hi all,

Please help out with this one. I have been married for three years, been with him for 5. At the start of the relationship he was very jealous, which hurt a lot. I slowly started building up a wall.

No that we are married, I am constantly accused of having an affair (because according to him I don't give him enough attention) The world has to revovle around him always, if people or me don't give him the attention he becomes extremely moody and depressed.

A while ago he slapped me on my back for the first time (after a huge fight and out of pure frustration, I hit him first). Suppose I deserved the slap, but it was with brutal force (he is a big man) I was shocked and wanted to leave him there and then, but he begged and was very sorry.

The sad part is we have a child, inspite of all his faults he is a wonderful father (and I'm not just saying that)

I feel after the slap that the flame is not burning so brightly anymore and I have really backed off and become very moody and miserable, as a result he is moody. I feel I need space, but he would probably start with the affair accusations again.

I dont know how to deal with this.....
Answer 311 views

01 Jan 0001

He soundds selfish, immature, and insecure. Marriage counselling would be the way to go.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9247 votes
66% - 17738 votes