Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- ADHD Expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Asthma Expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Cough Expert
- Oral health expert
- Depression expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
- Oral health expert
- Sex expert
- Sinusitis Expert
18 Feb 2013
What do I do my mom is against me
People I have a really serious problem the minute I find a partner and introduce him to my mother we fight and part these are the scenarios:
When I was with the father of my children she used to come to my flat early Saturday s and open fridges and wardrobes and shout saying kudliwa imali yomtanami la( you chowing my child’ s money)
Whenever she was at my place we used to fight like hell after she left, this continued for 5 years, he went and paid Lobola when I had my 1st child, when he wanted to send his father to finish-up we used to have a heated fight he would end up using the money for something else, this happened 3 times.
On the 6th year we fought until the neighbours called police and he moved out of the flat, even now when he calls to find out about the kids, the minute I tell my mom she will be quite and stop paying maintenance.
I was not in a relationship for 4 years after this she kept on saying I’ m fine when I’ m alone like I mustn’ t get someone otherwise we will fight and I wondered what she meant, In 2010 I met this guy and we were fine until 2012 when I introduced him to my mom last December we fought and parted.
I now fear that if I get someone and he finds out we will fight and part, when I was with my 2nd ex she used to come every day at my place but not say anything because I have told my uncles about here not wanting me to be involved, now that he’ s gone she doesn’ t come as often..
What do I do with her I’ m thinking of taking my kids and change my place, what puzzles me as well is that she says it with her own mouth that if I get someone we will fight.
She does the same thing to my elder brother, and my sister the minute she finds out that she is involved they’ ll fight when we talk about marriage she’ ll say NO YOU’ S MUSTN’ T GET MARRIAGE THERE’ S NO MARRIAGE IT LASTS ONLY FOR 6 MONTHS.
Mna I really tired until when will this happen. PLEASE ADVICE I’ m puzzled
Guys I’ m 39 years for crying out loud I respected my mom to a point that I got my 1st child when I was 25 and working … … … … … … … … … … … .WHAT DOES SHE WANT ME TO DO HOW DO I LIVE
- Coronavirus morning recap: Resurgence in cases in WC, high blood sugar risk, and immunity
- Smelling funky? New breakthrough could be first step towards fighting the dreadful 'fish odour syndrome'
- WATCH | Simple ways to start losing weight
- Like jiggling a key that doesn't fit into a lock - how the coronavirus tricks its way into cells
- Different types of Covid-19 diagnostic tests get put under the microscope
- Zondo vs Zuma: Senior advocate acting for state capture inquiry seemingly being targeted, followed
- Mpumelelo Mkhabela | Magoebaskloof musings on SAA: Tips for Tito Mboweni
- INTERVIEW | You will start seeing a lot of Agrimark as Kaap Agri grows its retail brand
- EXPLAINER | Everything you need to know about Proteas' return to action in a time of Covid-19
- 'I'm scared to work, I'm scared to run a business' - how extortion is killing township economy
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9250 votes
66% - 17785 votes