Ask an expert

30 Jan 2003

What equivalent lotion to use for skin irratation
Was told to use rooibos tea to drink and to bath in and to use Locoid ointment on genitials.i am in london and want to know what equivalent substances to use. Skin really irratated and genitalsare sensitive. There is also a discharge which is quite worrying
Answer 303 views

01 Jan 0001

Ethan, rooibos is rooibos, there is no equivalent. Locoid® contains hydrocortisone 17-butyrate, but I doubt that you will get a cortisone cream without a prescription in the UK. From this side of the screen it sounds like you have something that won’t go away if treated with cortisone. It sounds more like you have picked up something that will require antibiotics and maybe an anti-fungal cream. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9266 votes
66% - 17851 votes