Question

what foods are good or not for me
i am diabetic and have been trying to remove carbs after 10.00am every day. i have a diet paln and have seen dieticians but this seems to be set pattern take fist full of this only have on of these a week, almost like reading text.

i getmajotr craving and could eat anything sweet or fatty i can lay my hands on and this is after using the required diet all day.

i also find that certian foods dont work for me like tettuce and wonder how do i get check to enure i am eating the correct food and ho do i prevnet the massive craving

Dear Brian
If you have already consulted a dietitian and been provided with a diet prescription then I can only urge you to try and stick to it. Using the correct diet is absolutely essential if you have diabetes. Please contact your dietitian again if you have problems with cravings which could indicate that you are not getting enough low-GI carbs. To read more about your condition and the correct diet, click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes', to see an example of a diabetic diet.