Question

What is miringue made of and how many calories per 100g?
How many calories do you think "miringues" will give me and what is miringues made from? They are very light weight and I was told they contain only egg white - no fat and sugar. Is this true?

thanks

Dear Frog
Meringues are actually supposed to be made by whipping up egg whites with sugar and baking the mixture. According to the SA Food Tables, meringue contains 380 kcal/100g, so because meringues are very light, a small one weighing about 3g will only supply 11 kcal, while a large one weighing 13g will supply 49 kcal.