Question

WHAT IS MY OVULATION DATE.
i have a very short circle which lasts for 22days or at most 25days.it's been a long time i see eggwhite in my vagina and am concerned.anyway i went for hormonal assey and the result said that i ovulate, and on the 14th day.

1. is the 14th day correct for me since i have a short circle?
2.what do i do to start seeing eggwhite again? i really want to have a child.am 35yrs old.
fertility expert

Dear Quitos-Quitos

As a rule, ovulation occurs a constant 14 days before the onset of menstruation. However, in some individuals, where there is a hormone deficiency, in particular progesterone, the cycle length may be shortened and the interval between ovulation and menstruation may fluctuate.

It is therefore recommended that you monitor ovulation by means of some form of urine ovulation testing kit such as CLEARPLAN and document very carefully your ovulation dates and mentrual cycle dates to establish the actual ovulation time. I would certainly not rely on the presence of "egg white" or mucuos discharge to verify ovulation as this a fairly inaccurate means of detection.