Ask an expert

28 Jun 2011

what is the next step?
My son, 9yrs has a concertration problem. His teacher took me one side and told me. He doesn''t do that well in school even though he seems very bright. He turns his letters the wrong way around as well.
He gets very hyperactive with sugar and hardly stands still. He doesn''t walk but skipps mostly. He also has a problem in catching things and with running. He doesn''t seem to straighten his legs properly and gets tired quickly. There seems to something more or a bit different to just ADD. Please help and give some advice as to what I should do next as I haven''t got a lot of money to spend on specialists.
Thank you!
Answer 242 views
Autism Spectrum Expert Forum
Autism Spectrum Expert Forum

01 Jan 0001

hi Deq
i would most certainly get a good assessment done by a psychologist who has experience with children who learn differently, adhd, autism, nvld etc. A knowledgeable psychologist will def be able to get him the necessary support.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9323 votes
67% - 18740 votes