Ask an expert

30 Oct 2006

what is the procedure
I am a 37 year old female and would like to have a baby. Since i have not been able to find Mr Right I am thinking of using donar sperm. What would the process be that I would have to go through inorder to make this possible. I am overweight but losing and I have insulin resistance. I am currently also on medication for depression.
Answer 306 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Need info

In the frist instance you will have to consult with a fertility specialist to decide on the best method for ovulation induction. At the same time you will have to seek assistance from one of the sperm donor banks such as CRYO BANK SA 011 484-2695. At the appropriate time that is, when ovulation is taking place, the sperm can be easily inserted into the uterus in process called intra-uterine insemination. This can be done either at the sperm bank itself or at the fertility centre.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18604 votes