Question

What is wrong with these people?
Hi CS

so im one of those people who loves to read celeb gossip. I dont know why, but thats not the issue.

These people have so many good things going on in their lives and they choose to drink to excess and take drugs etc etc.

Why? people say "oh shame, its because the press never leave them alone and they are always in the spotlight etc etc" but its a life they CHOOSE. Surely with all thier millions they could afford to go to therapy rather than drinking and drugging? and personally id rather have the press write about me going to therapy than write that im going out drinking without any knickers on

Why do they do it?

I entirely agree with you that I totally reject the whinings of these kids about the essential components of the way of life they have freelly CHOSEN and which rewards them so enormously. Surely part of the problem is that they become far too rich far too easily and far too young. Not too long back, people had to strugle for years in showbiz before they got that degree of wealth and power, and on the way could mature and get some perspective in life. These are kids who haven't truly completed the tasks of adolescence --- and then they are not only absurdly wealthy, but most important, they have nobody around them but toadies who will never question them --- there's nobody around who can say :" Why are you doing that ? That's stupid !" --- they get applause whatever they do.
They seem to get caught up within this exultation about how they can do almost anything, and haven't yet got the wisdom to see that whatever you CAN do, the wise person still chooses what they WILL do.