Question

What should i do?
Hello,

I have been working for my current company for 4 years and was hired as a receptionist(this is the postion still shown on my payslip after it was discussed to be changed) Since starting to work here the company has grown and I have taken on ALOT more work especially from the begining of this year. I am now actually doing 80% of my managers work. I have spoken to my manager about an increase about the extra work that I am doing or even commission on the sales that I am doing as this brings in alot of money for the company and all the other sales people get commission. But he is just not taking me seriously at all, He just says they wont give you an increase until january(because this is when the increases happen but then it will just be the average yearly increase) Which i feel is unacceptable because firstly all the extra work i am doing is now for free and secondly my increase will not be adjusted according to my new work load because the head office are not aware of all the extra work I do.

Do i have rights in this situation to go over and above my manager and approach someone in the head office about this?I dont think we have a HR department even though we are not a small company.
Labour lawyer
Labour lawyer

Re: What should I do

It is suggested that you do go to someone over and above your manager in Head Office so they can assess whether your workload is too high.