Question

What should I eat after gym

My food intake for the day is very much the same every day but my problem is that I finish gym very late at night 9.00-9.30 and then I do not know what to eat that is best for me.
My day starts with 200mg of muesli and sweatened yoghurt. Lunch is grilled chicken with salad.
What would you suggest for evenings.

thanks

Dear Julia
This is a difficult problem seeing that you are probably not very hungry after your gym session, but that you need to replenish your carbohydrate stores and also ensure that you are getting a balanced diet. Firstly I would suggest that you use a carbo-drink before and during exercise to provide you with ready energy while you are active. For supper I would suggest light, but balanced food with a relatively high carbo-content - fruit, fruit juice, fresh vegetables, pasta/brown rice/ potato with a small amount of meat or cheese, low-fat yoghurt, and some additional low-fat milk (otherwise you will get a calcium deficiency).