Question

WHAT SHOULD MY HEART RATE BE?
I understand that a person burns fat when you are exercising at a lower intensity. I'm 25 years old, weight 54kg (female). If I want to burn fat and not carbs, where should my heart rate be. I usually exercise (cycle indoors) for 20 minutes and burn about 260 calories. My heart rate in that time ranges from 90 - 170 depending on what level the bike puts me. I was told to keep my heart rate down to 120 (not above this) if I want to burn fat, so now I do those 20 minutes but have added another 30 minutes where I cycle keeping my heart rate around 120 and burn about the same amount of calories (230). Will this help to burn fat?

Dear Kings
The effect of exercise on weight loss is rather complex and entails much more than simple energy burnt - although this is one positive effect. After exercise your Basic Metabolic Rate is also increased for up to 48 hours thus using up more energy. Doing low-intensity exercise will help to burn those kgs, so keep it up.