Question

what stops me from killing myself?
this morning the whole day alone ahead of me i was in bed thinking how to remove razor blades to cut my wrists....then how about gassing me in my car...taking tablets

but i couldnt - never have been able to - never even tried 1ce ...think of it constantly tho....

what stops me? what is the difference CS between those that do and those that don''t - i think of gassing the i think to long before he or his kids come home so they''ll not find me in time to save me....

how do they take that final step....what force is it that makes them take it that i don''t have ?

Fear? cowardice?

I am so sorry to hear that you feel so bad, but I'm pleased to hear you have not yet taken steps to damage or harm yourself. YOu seem to be seeking an explanation for why you have thus far had the excellent sense not to do so. More important, perhaps, would be finding reasons why you have been thinking so much about doing so, how you have come to assume you should consider doing so. If you are unhappy, working properly and sincerely with a good shrink, you can work your way out of the unhappiness, which otherwise may have become a habit, as false a way of routinely viewing the world as a happy clappy person habitually views the world in an unrealistically sunny way. If you are depressed, that depression can be lifted.
Instead of focussing all your creativity, thinking powers and efforts on nagative thoughts, if you devoted those strengths to finding positive solutions, you could achieve those.
Remember that suicide or even less major self-harm can be and usually is, extremely hurtful and damaging to friends and family, and nakes their lives sadder and more fraught.
And never forget that all too often, plans for suicide or self-harm, however ingenious, and however much they might seem, often leaves the person still alive, but more seriously damaged, less able to sort out what needs to be sorted out, with all the problems they previously had, plus a host of new ones.
Please, do get the help you so obviously need and deserve.
Depression is the sneakiest of illnesses, which often starts by robbing you of perspective, by stealing your capacity to hope, even to believe that things could indeed be better. Don't let the twisted chemistry of an illness cheat you and your loved ones. Get help. and let us know on the forum of your progress.