Ask an expert

14 Jan 2005

What to do ?
I suspect my brother in-law's child has down syndrom. I found it very odd that from birth the baby's togue keeps on protruding from his mouth and the chid drools alot. At first i did not really take note but then something clicked and i thought to myself this cannot be normal for a baby from birth. All the mother of the baby said it was a perminant fixture. I then started doing research and found it could be down syndrom. I also find it very strange that my mother in-law is a nurse and did not pick this up. I don't know how to tell them there could be a problem with the baby who is now three months old. Myself and in-laws do not have a very good relationship and they would think that i am stirring shit. should i just leave it alone?
Answer 422 views

01 Jan 0001

lou-lou, it isn’t like they will be able to do anything about it, so the safest would be to just let it be. Sooner or later they will take him to the doctor and the doctor will tell them. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9250 votes
66% - 17781 votes