Question

What to do?
Hi!
I have been trying to find a strategy that can work well in case a stranger (thief or other criminal person) enters my house. How should a person react in a situation like this? I mean, what would be best to avoid making the stranger nervous and attack us? I'm not talking about violence, I'm trying to find a physical technique or any other method (using words, etc).
Self defence expert
self defence expert

HI DC,

Thank you for posting on the forum. AS has given you some sound advise. It is important to understand that a criminal who enters your home while knowing you are there is a far more dangerous criminal than the one whose intention is to enter while you are not there.
There are many variables to this kind of situation. The bottom-line is that you were asking how can one avoid making the intruder nervous. Lock you and your family in a safe room and allow the criminal to do whatever he watns in your home this way you are no immediate threat to him. In your safe room you should have access to various options if possible i.e. Cell phone, panic button, sufficient water and snacks in case you need to spend time there. Medical supplies. A weapon for self defence purposes and the list goes on. You need to ensure your safe room is not accessable for the criminal once you lock you and your family up and that there is a possible escape route to the outside of the house/apartment etc. in case you need to evacuate.

This will be the best option if you wish not to make the stranger in your house nervous.

Morne
www.combatcoaching.com