Question

What to eat when pregnant
I am wanting to find out what foods I need to stay away from & which foods I should eat for a healthy pregancy, I know you cannot use citrus auromotherapy oils so does this mean I should avois citrus fruit?
Thanks for the help
momentum expert

Nix, you just need to follow a healthy balanced diet and take a supplement that contains folic acid. Your energy intake per day should increase with about a 1000kJ per day and most of this should be supplied by protein. This said, your diet should include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, and high fibre and sugar free cereals. You may use salt (preferable iodised), but avoid foods that are excessively salty or have added preservatives. It all comes down to eating healthy and not giving in to every craving that passes by. Even obese patients should not diet as a healthy pregnancy is associated with about a 1-1.5kg/month weight gain. Let me know as a new question if you have more questions. Good luck.