Question

Whats the best exercise for Osteoporosis-be specific.
My doctor said to do strengh bearing exercises. I have the start of Osteoporosis in my hips and lower spine.

HI Ka dj

It depends whether you are tending towards osteoporosis, or whether you actually have it. If you do, you should really get a carefully designed programme from a Biokineticist, since otherwise you could end up suffering from a fracture which is extremely debilitating. Perhaps phone our Biokinetics Unit at Sports Science for an appointment (ph: 021 659 5647). If you just have low bone density, then I would recommend walking three to five times a week and doing the circuit at least twice a week with lowish weights. However, ensure an expert helps you to do the exercises correctly.

Good luck.